Creative Writing Community Ambassadors

We are a new student committee in the Secondary phase called the ‘Creative Writing Community Ambassadors’. We are students from Years 7 and 8 and our names are; Jessica, Liam, Maisie E, Maisie H, Cerys, Maisie M, Felix, Ellie and Abi. Our aim is to work with the community, support charities through fundraising and raise awareness within our school of different causes. We will also be working on creative writing skills through the writing of reports, news articles, letters and stories. We are always open to fundraising ideas. If you have any please speak to a community ambassador. You will be able to spot us around school, as we will be wearing badges stating that we are Community Ambassadors. Abi Year 7

Why I Would Like to Become a Creative Writing Community Ambassador…

Felix Year 8

I think I would be a good Creative Writing Ambassador because I care a lot about issues such as homelessness or refugees and I also love creative writing. I have entered lots of creative writing competitions, including the Rotary Club’s Young Writers Competition, where I won the local heats and came second in the regionals.

I care a lot about helping others. Last summer I helped out at my local library. I care about he planet and have signed a few green peace petitions. In my primary school I did a bake sale to raise money for victims of the 2015 Nepalese Earthquake. I often give to homeless people in King’s Lynn and I really want to help people when I grow up. I think being a Creative Writing Ambassador will help me achieve this.

Maisie H, Year 7

I think I would be good as a Community Ambassador because back in primary school I was a student librarian, which meant I had to look after the library and also come up with fantastic ideas for fundraising. This means I have experience in fundraising events. Secondly, I love writing. I would love to write items for the ‘Word’ newsletter. Finally I have empathy. I have always been good at putting myself in someone else’s shoes. I would love to raise money for things that are hurtful or upsetting to others.

Liam Year 7

I would like to be an ambassador because I would like to learn new skills like writing articles. I like writing stories and I don’t think I am that bad at it. I really want to help people like homeless people and learn how to write better as it’s my dream to write books for kids.

Ellie Teague, Year 7

I think I would be a good team leader because I have made cupcakes and raised money for Cancer Research and the Air Ambulance. Also, for Children in Need. I sometimes help my Nan and Granddad when I go to their house, look after my pets and help around home. I’ve never been an ambassador before and I would really like to be one. I would really like to help with the homeless and elderly.

Maisie M Year 7

I think I would be a great ambassador as I have helped the homeless before and I have made cakes for them every Saturday. I have also fundraised money for East Anglia Air Ambulance with a 24 hour dance-a-thon, because when I was seven they saved my Dad from a really bad car accident. He would have died if it wasn’t for them. I have also knitted scarves and gloves for the homeless. I also visit old people’s homes and sing for them at Christmas.

Jessica Year 8

I would like to be a Creative Writing Community Ambassador and help the school, other pupils and the community. A couple of months ago I read a book called Welcome to Nowhere. This book was about refugees, and it really touched my heart. It was about what they had to go through and the challenges they had to take. The last book I read was Bubble Boy and this book was about his illness and what it was like. This book really opened my mind and made me aware of all the life changing and threatening illnesses that are out there.

I would like to take part in this group because I like reading, writing, socializing and taking part in school activities. I would like to help choose school topics and activities. I have gone to Creative Writing Club and have really enjoyed the subjects discussed and have been made aware by Amelia (the club organizer in year 10) about some of the problems in society. I have been really inspired to help school, the community and get involved.