Snow and Love. A story by Esme from Harpley Primary School

As I trudge through the mud and dirty puddles, it is Christmas Eve 1816 and still no snow has appeared. Father has sent me in my best dress to collect some firewood and that’s what I am doing now. This year will not be special because my husband is not here to celebrate. I hate it when Mr Knightly goes away. Oh crumbs, I haven’t even introduced myself. My name is Emma Knightly. Oh no I can’t find any more wood. Got to go to the big forest. It is really scary, all dark and spooky, but it will be even scarier at night. Well, better go and get it over and done with.

Wow, it is really scary, I can’t see anything. Ah more wood. No they won’t do. No I have to go deeper into the forest. If this carries on I will miss Mrs Weston. She was my old governess but she left to go and get married. Still I always like to see her because she so wise and she is one of my closest friends. We are also seeing Miss Harriet Smith, another of my dearest friends.

Wait what was that noise?  Mr Knightly, I fling myself at him!

Okay, it started to snow the moment when we kissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, we will all have some dinner and I am going to have the best Christmas ever because all my family is here, even Isabelle has finally arrived. Must go, write to you soon.